Friday Field Days - Marin
When: 1st and 3rd Fridays, 9:30am - 12:30pm; Registration Required
Where: National Park lands in Marin - Marin Headlands, Fort Baker, and Muir Beach. Specific meeting location will be listed in the registration confirmation email.
Landscaping and maintenance volunteers help to improve park safety and accessibility through preservation and enhancement of beautiful landscapes and maintaining historic buildings and grounds. Activities may include painting over graffiti on historic military structures, weeding & pruning overgrown vegetation, refreshing paint on safety curbs, shoveling drainages to prevent flooding, spreading mulch, litter removal, beach clean ups, and sweeping, hoeing, and raking to maintain safe and accessible walkways, campsites, and trails.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Visit our Groups volunteer page to learn more.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10+ are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.