Saturday, August 19, 2017, 10am - 1pm: TurnOut for Inclusion
Turn up with TurnOut at Muir Beach! In order to celebrate diversity and build community with our staff, volunteers, and visitors, we have teamed up with TurnOut, an organization dedicated to connecting volunteers to LGBTQIA+ causes. Join us all to help restore and improve vital habitat for the coho salmon and other wildlife through a restoration project at Muir Beach. All self-identifying LGBTQIA+ folks and allies ages 10 & up are welcome to join in for an exciting and challenging day of tool wielding, dirty hands, and community building to make our parks an even more awesome place to be.
Adult chaperones are required for youth under the age of 15.
A shuttle with limited seating will be traveling to and from Muir Beach from the Embarcadero BART station. If you would like to ride this shuttle, please meet at the corner of Main St. and Market St. no later than 8:55 AM.
Thank you to TurnOut for joining us to make this event happen! If you would like to learn more about TurnOut, please visit their website to sign up for their newsletter or join them in other activities.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
(415) 561-3544 or firstname.lastname@example.org.